Thursday, December 8, 2011

Return to the Land

by Batya Wootten and Natan Lawrence

A Note From Batya

A dear friend of mine wrote a Review about the book of another dear friend of mine and I want to share it with you.

Many of you know Natan Lawrence based on his excellent weekly Torah Portion teachings. He is a prolific and solidly scriptural writer and he wrote a review about Ephraim Frank's excellent book, "Return to the Land: An Ephraimite's Journey Home."

When the weather gets cooler I tend to think of curling up with a good book and Ephraim Frank's book is one of the best I have ever read.
The following is Natan's Review of this inspiring work:

Natan Lawrence's Review


Ephraim Frank's book, Return to the Land, came into my possession some months ago. When I first saw it I thought, "That's a nice looking book, another book to read about someone's life." And into my book shelf it went with about 600 other religious books in my library.

As a biblical researcher, author, pastor and Torah teacher I spend most of my time wading through pre-rabbinic, rabbinic, linguistic, and early Christian writings to search out nuggets of truth for my writings and teachings. I don't have time for much "light" reading. But once in while I have to come up for air-to feed the heart and spirit, not just the mind. Knowledge puffeth up, but love edifies! The letter killeth, but the spirit maketh alive! I have to remind myself of these things constantly.

So the other day I was needing to be edified in my inner man. The idea of taking my family to the land of Israel pulls at me, if not permanently, yet, at least temporarily for academic reasons. As I was staring at my library shelves Return to the Land shouted to my spirit. Obeying that inner voice of the Spirit of Elohim I took it down and began to read it that evening. Like someone else already said of it, "Once I started I could not put it down..."

Dear brother and sister Israelites, this book is not just another story about someone's life out there somewhere. It is the story of your life and mine; the story of one who heard the call of YHVH's Spirit to return to the land and obeyed and did, and YHVH was with him all the way through the journey with His abundance and privision. Ephraim Frank didn't have money or connections. All he had was faith in YHVH's promises and trust in the voice of his Shepherd, Yeshua, who spoke to him and called this sheep by name and told him to come home. Though Jewish, Ephraim couldn't prove his identity to the Israeli authorities, so in their eyes he was a Gentile. He had no legal rights to remain in the land. But, like Caleb and Joshua, Ephraim determined to go in and to possess his divine inheritance, and he did.

This is the story of faith. There is no doubt and unbelief in this man's life. He and his wife, Rimona (an Israeli and a Hebrew Editor), are the kind of people whose testimonies inspire others to do the same. Hebrews eleven, the Scriptures "hall of faith," contains the testimonies of such people. It is the story of a panoply of divine appointments, miracles, supernatural occurrences, divine provision, visions that came to pass and prophetic words that all come together in a rich flow of real life events to prepare man, and latter his wife, for the ministry call they had on their lives to help regather Ephraim back to the land in fulfillment of biblical prophecy. Plug your spiritual electric cord into this book and you'll definitely get your spiritual batteries charged!

Whether your heart is set on returning to the land of Israel yet or not, no matter, for the story in this book will inspire you to reach out of the comfort zones of spiritual stagnation in which you may find yourself and by faith to seize the divine calling that YHVH has placed on your life and to go forward by faith. It is time to take the next step in your spiritual faith walk, and this book will inspire you in this journey. I urge you to get it today, and don't do like I did and let it collect dust on the shelf. Instead, read it immediately and be truly inspired!

Ya'acov Natan Lawrence

End Quote.

"Return to the Land: An Ephraimite's Journey Home" is not only a book you should read, but it also makes a great gift. And, for the month of December, we will will add a free copy of this inspiring book to each one that you order.

Read this anointed book and be blessed!

Check out all of our December Specials at Key of David Publishing.


Your thoughts and comments.

We would like to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment